Tuesday 25 November 2008

Monday 10th November

Number Guy had to work, so we set up camp in a hotel in Mountain View. Different Hotel - same crappy breakfast...


I had more than breakfast on my mind - C, fellow British native and Rowanette- had kindly offered to take me out both Mondays that I was in Mountain View. I think we were both a bit nervous, to tell the truth. We had never actually met in person and it's a long day if you don't hit it off. Happily (for both of us) we got along like a house on fire. Now that I think about it, that isn't such a good choice of words. California has a 'fire season' and homes and lives were in danger. Thankfully, C and her family were all safe, but my thoughts definitely go out to those affected.


We had a relaxing day (well, it was for me since I was neither driver nor tour guide!) visiting beaches, forests, coastal viewing points.


And of course, no visit with a local would be the same without a visit to an LYS. C warned me as we drove up - 'It doesn't look much, if you didn't know what was inside you wouldn't bother.' She was right - it looked like like a petrochemical nightmare. But step into Purlescence and you will find a knitting/spinning heaven. I was very restrained and only purchased two skeins of Socks that Rock and one skein of alpaca laceweight.


On that happy note, C dropped me at the hotel to await my prince...


Once said prince arrived, we headed off to Palo Alto for something to eat. We happened across Sprout and had a couple of amazing salads.So good, in fact, that we ate there twice. Good food, if you knew where to look, was definitely outweighing the bad

1 comment:

  1. Oh you are making me jealous, visiting my old hunting grounds! Although never got to visit yarn shops - was too hot at the time!

    ReplyDelete