Friday 10 April 2009

Birthday Cake

It might not be the prettiest cake in the world, but I reckon it's one of the tastiest.


One of my friends is having a "significant" birthday and she asked me to make this for her party. It's the Nigella Lawson Chocolate Gingerbread Cake

It's one of my favourite cakes, but it does make rather a lot. I reckon that even half the recipe would do too much damage to my hips, so I tend to make it only on special occasions. The last time I made it I made a mistake and put whisky in the icing instead of ginger ale - I know, a really easy mistake to make. It was delicious ;0) but I decided to go for the ginger ale this time, in case anyone at the party needs to avoid alcohol.

Now I just need to keep out of the kitchen, as I feel a bit like Alice - the darn thing keeps saying 'Try me'...

2 comments:

  1. mmmmm.... looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh - yum!
    Thanks for your comment on Pioneer - there was a tiny amount of yarn left - maybe 10 yards?

    ReplyDelete