Monday 13 December 2010

OK. I admit it...

....I am completely dense....

I was on the bus home today when I realised I was missing something. An important something....a cashmere/wool neckwarmer which I had knitted for myself last winter. It was only one ball of yarn, probably about £10.00 worth. But I was fond of it. I knew where I had seen it last, sitting on the table at Globus while I ate my dinner. When I got home I called them up. No, they hadn't seen it but if I went to their Päckli service, I might find it there. My sorrow at losing it was slightly tempered by the warm glow that only speaking real German, and understanding the response, can bring.

I've just brought my hand up to my neck....guess what it found.....

1 comment:

  1. So I am not the only person who does this ? lol Glad you "found" it! Good to hear you are speaking German like a native... almost. I still google translate what my German nieces say! Mx

    ReplyDelete