Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Ruby III

The yoke is a Michael Miller metallic print and the  body is a sheer cotton with a silver thread running through.
I used the Bernina Flat Fell foot 71 to do the seams- the flimsy nature of the main body fabric meant it needed some sort of finishing. This is a nice alternative to a French seam. First time using this foot. The stiffer fabric was really easy to sew but the first pass through for the flimsy fabric (a flat fell seam has two lines of stitching) was a real pain in the ass. Worth it though, I like the finish. I also used the  edge stitch foot to put the bias tape on. That also made things a bit easier than normal.

1 comment: