Tuesday 10 February 2015

Economy Block

I am not sure what it is about this  quilt block that I like, but it is my new favourite thing to sew. It is a paper-pieced block (but an also be done 'freestyle'). I saw it a few times on http://www.redpepperquilts.com/ and shelled out the very reasonable price of $2-00 for the PDF



This block has a few different names, such as exploding square, square in a square, but I like the name it has on Red Pepper Quilts- the Economy block.  I am also very happy that one of my Accuquilt dies cuts our the shapes I need. It is called the Value Die, the name of which I think goes neatly  with the block  name.

I think this might becoe a quilt,  but I am not going to get all stressed out, traing to do it in a very short time. I am going to fit these blocks in between other projects.. When i have enough I will will decide what I want to do with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment