Sunday 22 February 2015

This is much better than it looks

I have a much under-utilised  food processors- right now the name escapes me and I can't be bothered going to the kitchen to look ;o)  It is possibly a Cuisinart.


Anyway.....  I love nut butters. I don't know whether to be saddened or relieved that Number Guy hates them. Hmmm.....Anyway (part 2) I saw a recipe for  pecan butter and decided to give it a whirls.  I bought 3 bags, ate about half of one and chucked the remainder into the food processor this morning. I sure am glad that I went for a good model of FP- although the nuts became warm due to the action of the blade the machine itself didn't come close to becoming warm.

Anyway (part 3) if I can get my phone and Mac talking to each other I will post a pic. Here goes.








(Hooray! It worked. What a PITA- I have to do so much fiddling about that I cannot remember what I did)

 This may not look inviting but  believe me it is divine. I added a little salt and some maple syrup- 2 tbsp of the latter, a good pinch of the former. I may stir in a little more of both, we'll see. My next step witl be to make some candied almonds and then make those into  nut butter.  Yumm.

1 comment:

  1. Pecan butter! I have never heard of anybody making that! Almond butter, cashew butter, sure, but not pecan. Huh!

    ReplyDelete