Tuesday 22 April 2008

Biased

I never thought it would happen to me. When friends spoke wistfully of a new love in their life I scorned them – this sort of love was not for me.


Yet…now it is here, striking me with the force of a hurricane, I am lost to it. I remember when my son was an infant, gazing at him for hours, revelling in the silky feel of his skin, the perfect curves…


I knew the intensity of that particular love, the love of a mother for her baby, could never find it’s way to me a second time. But it’s here, now– I gaze for hours, lost in the way my love moulds itself to each of my curves perfectly, enraptured by texture, the wild array of colour…


Don’t come between me and my new love.


Bias tape


3 comments:

  1. erhhm,despite me knowing to sew and doing it too, i have a bit of trouble to get what your new love is?? can you enlighten me, I am particularly slow on the pick up these last days...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home made bias tape? Very neatly sewn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so tempted to say 'But of course' but the truth of it is that this is Gutterman's!
    HOwever, I do have a bias tape maker, so I think at some point in the not too distant future I wll have a go.
    India

    ReplyDelete