Friday 23 May 2008

perspective and lack thereof

The toothache is rumbling on. I am trying really hard to keep things in perspective - after all it is toothache and I have access to modern dental facilities. I do not have a terminal illnes, after all. The trouble is that it isn't so much the toothache (which thankfully is not nearly at the unbearable stage) but the fear. Those of you with phobias will know just how this becomes all-consuming and really drags you down.


In the end, you anticipate the event so many times, that you end up 'experiencing' the dreaded event over and over again. So in effect, for the past few days I have been living in the dentist's chair. This can't go on - I am turning into a basket case. So, time to get serious with the thought stopping -mind you, as far as I am concerned there is nothing irrational about these particular fears ;0)


So, to that end, I have made an appointment with my dentist for Tuesday -only to talk. I had a quick chat with him in the week, and he outlined all of the reasons why he thinks it is now down to toothgrinding. And I believe him - it all makes sense. But....I am now in pain when I am drinking hot things, which can be an indicator of problems with the root...yay! More root treatment! Of course, I am hoping that he will still say it is toothgrinding...

1 comment:

  1. I don't envy you in the least.

    We're going home to see our dentist. I'm fairly certain there will be some amount of drilling. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete